2015 Coastal Plains OPEN COMP.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY TECH shall be empowered to permit any and all deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions to keep the competition close. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY TECH officials, their decision plate.
This is a TRUE run what you brung class. Only thing Tech will inspect/look at is SAFETY and tires. This class is open to ALL cars Super Late Model, Late Model, Limited Late Model, Charger, Super Stock, Street Sock and etc.
ENGINES, HEADS & CAMSHAFT, INTAKES, CARBURETOR
FUEL & FUEL SYSTEM:
1. SUNOCO Track Fuel ONLY.
2. NO Additives
NO ANTIFREEZE - $100.00 FIne
1. Steel bell housing MANDATORY.
2. Driveshaft loops mandatory
1. Track Tire (HOOSIER #10590 HOC ONLY).
2. Tires to be purchased from CPR, with CPR branding, to compete.
3. DRY TIRE RULE ONLY.
4. NO wheel wts.
5. NO grooving or cutting
6. The driver is responsible for competing with the correct tires MANDATORY..
7. If you compete on other than your tires, your result will be total DQ, loss of money, points and or fines and or suspensions.
8. The driver is responsible & must purchase the tires ONLY.
1. Steel Wheels, 8 wide ONLY.
2. 5/8 wheel studs MANDATORY
1. NO Min. wt. or left side wt..
1. Helmet: SA2005 or SA2010 ( http://racinghelmetguide.com/auto-helmet-ratings.html)
2. Flame retardant driving suit, gloves with SFI Tag.
3. Neck collar or head and neck restraint device/system (R3/HANS/Hutchens).
4. 5 - Point Racing harness, with SFI tag. Not older than 24 months.
5. Approved Race seat. The seat cant go past the door jam more than 6 MANDATORY.
6. Approved window net.
7. Minimum of a 6 point roll cage. Constructed of 1 Ύ x .083 tubular steel.
8. Minimum of 4 driver side door bars.
9. Minimum of 3 passenger side bars.
10. 1/8 plate welded on the outside of drivers door bars so nothing gets to the driver MANDATORY.
11. Bars may go through front & rear firewalls.
12. NO bars past the front frame horns.
13. All bars to stay inside the trunk. MANDATORY
14. All bars within reach of driver must be padded. MANDATORY
15. Bars around the fuel cell MANDATORY.
16. (1) 2 1/2 lb fire extinguisher with a dial, within reach of driver. Not older than 1 year.
17. Minimum 8 Gal. & 22 Gal. max Fuel Cell. Mounted in trunk area between the frame rails.
18. Fuel cell must be in a steel can secured, min. 22 gauge MANDATORY.
19. Radios ALLOWED.
20. Transponders MANDATORY.
21. All safety must be approved.