2015 Street Stock Rules
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY TECH shall be empowered to permit any and all deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions to keep the competition close. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY TECH officials, their decision is final.
COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY WILL ALLOW ANY STREET STOCK STYLE CAR FROM ANOTHER TRACK TO COMPETE WITH PERMISSION AND AT TECH DISCRECTION. MAY HAVE TO CHANGE % AND OR ADD WEIGHT FOR COMPETION.
1. Minimum age for STREET STOCK class is Fourteen (14 years old).
2. Must have CPR official’s approval.
3. Driver’s must have parent’s consent form filled out prior to on track.
4. Driver’s will be able to participate in other CPR classes except for the Young Guns class.
1.1960 & up American made steel bodied car’s ONLY.
3. Minimum wheelbase of 102” ONLY.
4. 2 or 4 door ALLOWED.
5. Wheelbase must be for Make, Model, & Year of car, unaltered. + or – 1” ONLY.
6. NO trucks, convertibles or two seaters.
1. All O.E.M. sheet metal and panels must remain. STOCK APPERANCE
2. All frames OEM stock. Uni-body frames may be tied together end to end, halfway max on frame rails.
3. Firewall and floorboard must remain intact.
4. Inner fender wells may be removed.
5. All doors must be secured, bolted, chained, or welded.
6. Secure the trunk with (2) and hood with (4) hood pins. OEM hinges ALLOWED.
7. Windshield must have 2, two-inch (2”) straps on the inside of the windshield installed.
8. Lexan Front, Rear, Rear Side is ALLOWED, must be secured & or strapped.
9. Cars must have all upholstery, side glass, rear glass and trim removed.
10. You may fabricate a dashboard. ALLOWED.
11. KILL SWITCH in the center of dashboard or roll bars, for easy access for officials. MANDATORY.
13. No batteries in the trunk.
14. 1 rear view & 1 side view mirror mounted on the inside ALLOWED.
15. After market front & rear bumper covers & 1” box tubing for mounting ALLOWED.
16. Fenders & ¼ panels may be cut & rolled for tire clearance ONLY.
17. Fabricated or (Aftmkt. OEM) fenders, hoods, doors & ¼’s to be a min. of 24 gauge STEEL ONLY.
18. Inner structures as follows: Hood, Trunk Lid, Roof, Doors, REMOVAL PERMITTED.
19. NO funneling of air to the Carb. NO cowl, air vents, etc.
20. Wrecker hook ups front & rear. Hooks or chains. MANDATORY.
21. Rear Spoiler: 5” high max. 60” wide max. Any angle & metal. Mounted to trunk. ALLOWED.
22. NON APPROVED BODIES are subject to, up to a 300 lb. wt. penalty and or Restrictor plate.
1. All to OEM specs except for these modifications ONLY.
2. You may remove accessories, A/C, smog, PS, heater cores, etc.
3. GM 305, 350 FORD 302, 351W MOPAR 318, 340, 360 ONLY.
4. NO Stroking.
5. Overbore of .060 MAX. ONLY.
6. NO Modifications to the block.
7. Oil Screening of block ALLOWED.
8. Fuel Pumps: HP Mechanical and Electric ALLOWED, must have approved rollover valve/switch. Electric fuel pumps. HP mechanical ALLOWED.
9. Connecting Rods: must be STEEL ONLY. Aftermarket to OEM Specs ALLOWED.
10. Pistons: Any Flat Top or Dished, 3 ring, 2 or 4 eyebrows, OEM SPECS. ALLOWED.
11. NO piston above the deck height / no piston out above the top of block.
12. OEM 4 bolt Main Block with OEM caps. ALLOWED.
13. Crankshaft OEM Specs: 50 lb. Minimum ALLOWED.
14. Balancing in a stock production manner ONLY.
15. Oil Pan: After Market wet sump, Kick Out Series or less ALLOWED.
16. Any OEM Harmonic Balancer for your line, ALLOWED. NO Aftermarket or HP Harmonic Balancer’s.
17. After Market Pulleys ALLOWED.
18. Wet Sump ONLY.
19. Stock Location ONLY.
20. Solid steel engine mounts ALLOWED.
21. OEM engine cradle & mounts in stock OEM location for your car.
1. Must be OEM as they come from GM part for part unless specified by CPR RULES,MANDATORY.
1. #88958602 (602 CID) GM ONLY. ALL OEM SPECS. Unless specified.
2. Stock OEM engine location ONLY.
3. Headers: See rule, ALLOWED.
4. Carburetor: See rule, ALLOWED.
5. Intake: OEM that comes on engine.
6. Distributor: OEM that comes on engine.
7. Oil Pan: See rule. ALLOWED.
8. Air Cleaner: See rule, ALLOWED.
9. Valve Covers: After Market ALLOWED.
10. Ford & Mopar Crate Engines must be Approved by CPR TECH to compete.
11. Crate Engines are to be a 100% OEM NO TOUCH Program.
12. All Crate Engines are subject to Dyno testing and or tear down at anytime by CPR TECH.
13. Any crate engine torn down by CPR TECH & found to be LEGAL, CPR will pay a nominal fee for gaskets ONLY.
14. Any crate engine found to be ILLEGAL, will be confiscated, the entire engine. The driver & team will be suspended & fined.
HEADS & CAMSHAFT:
1. OEM Stock Cast Iron Steel Production ONLY. Unless Specified.
2. NO MODIFICATIONS.
3. GM 305 ONLY, may use Steel Vortec Heads. ALLOWED.
4. GM 305, 350: Int. Valve: 1.94 / Exh. Valve 1.60 MAX. ALLOWED.
5. FORD 302, 351W: Int. Valve: 1.94 / Exh. Valve 1.60 MAX. ALLOWED.
6. Ford Windsor JR. & GT 40 & P, Steel Heads ALLOWED.
7. MOPAR: 318, 340, 360: Int. Valve: 2.02 / Exh. Valve 1.60 MAX. ALLOWED.
8. Standard 3 angle valve job ONLY. NO back side valve jobs.
9. OEM Spec. Steel Valves ONLY.
10. Head CC’S
GM 305 - - - - - - - - - - - - 54 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
GM 350 - - - - - - - - - - - - 58 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
FORD 302 - - - - - - - - - - -54 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
FORD 351W - - - - - - - - - 58 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
MOPAR 318 - - - - - - - - -54 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
MOPAR 340, 360 - - - - - 64 cc MINIMUM ONLY.
11. Studs pinned. Screw in studs, Guide Plates ALLOWED.
12. NO Stud Girdles.
13. OEM Rocker Arms stamp steel, After Market OEM Rocker Arms stamp steel and Roller Rockers permitted. Roller Rockers add 25 lbs to total weight of car.
14. OEM Rocker ratio ONLY.
15. OEM Valve Springs & Retainers ONLY.
16. Poly Locks & valve spring shims ALLOWED.
17. NO Roller Engines.
18. NO Bow Tie heads.
19. GM 350: Vortec Heads add 25 lbs to total car weight.
20. Camshaft Rule: Hydraulic cam & lifters, 450 MAX lift. Duration is optional. For all engines ONLY.
1. OEM Stock Cast Iron Steel Production ONLY. Unless Specified.
2. NO MODIFICATIONS.
3. GM: Edelbrock #2101, 2116 ONLY.
4. FORD: Edelbrock #2121, 2181 ONLY.
5. MOPAR: Edelbrock #2176, 2920 ONLY.
6. Crate Engine #88958602, OEM Intake ONLY.
1. NO MODIFICATIONS, EXCEPT WHAT IS LISTED.
2. GM 305 CID: 500 CFM Holley #4412, C, S or a (4) Four Barrel Quadrajet ALLOWED. Nothing Exotic or Full Blown Race carb. Metal spacer plate up tp ¾” thick with (1) One or (4) Four holes & (2) Two .065 Gaskets ALLOWED.
3. GM 350 CID: 350 CFM Holley #7448 ONLY.
4. Ford 302 CID: 500 CFM Holley #4412, C, S or a (4) Four Barrel Quadrajet ALLOWED. Nothing Exotic or Full Blown Race carb. Metal spacer plate up tp ¾” thick with (1) One or (4) Four holes & (2) Two .065 Gaskets ALLOWED.
5. Ford 351W CID: 350 CFM Holley #7448 ONLY.
6. Mopar 318 CID: 500 CFM Holley #4412, C, S or a (4) Four Barrel Quadrajet ALLOWED. Nothing Exotic or Full Blown Race carb. Metal spacer plate up tp ¾” thick with (1) One or (4) Four holes & (2) Two .065 Gaskets ALLOWED.
7. Mopar 340, 360 CID: 350 CFM Holley #7448 ONLY.
8. Crate Engine #88958602: 350 CFM Holley #7448 ONLY.
9. Choke hardware removal ALLOWED.
10. All vacuum ports must be plugged.
11. Boosters, OEM ONLY.
12. NO Bevels.
13. 2 Gaskets @ .065 Max. ALLOWED.
14. Spacer Plate metal 3/4 “ MAX. thickness ONLY.
15. 2 Holes centered, straight cut top to bottom with no bevels ONLY.
16. 350 CFM #7448: Spacer Plate 2 holes @ 1.50 max. ea. ONLY.
17. 500 CFM #4412: Spacer Plate 2 holes @ 1.69 max. ea. ONLY.
18. 500 CFM HOLLEY #4412, C, S, 50 cc Accelerator pump ONLY.
19. 350 CFM HOLLEY #7448, 30 cc Accelerator pump ONLY.
20. Jet Change ALLOWED.
FUEL & FUEL SYSTEM:
1. SUNOCO Track Fuel ONLY.
2. NO Additives.
3. Fuel Cell: 8 Gal. min. & 22 Gal. max in a can. See Safety
4. Fuel Cell must be vented, high & to the driver’s side.
5. Fuel line in driver’s area must have metal enclosing hose MANDATORY.
6. All to be CPR TECH Approved.
NO ANTIFREEZE - $100.00 FINE (1ST OFFENSE)
1. Aluminum Radiator ALLOWED.
2. Electric Fan ALLOWED.
3. Overflow to come out on passenger windshield side or in an overflow can under the hood.
4. Electric water pump ALLOWED.
1. After market air cleaner, up to17” diameter x 4” tall max. ALLOWED.
2. No modification’s to air cleaner or element, must be metal top and bottom.
3. Paper Element or K & N type ALLOWED.
4. Front facial on ½ of the diameter, ALLOWED.
5. NO funneling of any air to the air cleaner or carb.
6. Base of air cleaner must be below choke horn. MANDATORY.
1. O.E.M from the manufacturer. Manual Trans. & Automatic.
2. Manual shift transmissions, 3 & 4 speeds must remain stock as from the manufacturer.
3. 10 ½ “ Minimum. All Disc, flywheel, pressure plate, bolts minimum weight 33 lbs. all steel.
4. Steel bell housing MANDATORY.
5. Automatic Trans. OEM ONLY. Unless stated here in these rules.
6. Shift kit ALLOWED.
7. Stock shift pattern & all gears must function properly. MANDATORY.
8. Torque converters must be OEM factory specs, diameter, stall speeds. ONLY.
9. NO lockups.
10. NO lightening.
11. Automatic Transmission cooler under the hood ALLOWED.
12. Larger AT pan ALLOWED.
13. Drive shaft loops front & rear MANDITORY.
14. Steel Drive shafts & painted white w/ # on it MANDATORY.
15. 2” inspection hole in the bell hosing MANDATORY.
16. CPR TECH must approve your Scatter Shield to compete MANDATORY.
1. Track Tire ONLY.
2. HOOSIER #10590 HOC ONLY.
3. Tires to be purchased from CPR, with CPR branding, to compete.
5. DRY TIRE RULE ONLY.
6. NO wheel wts.
7. NO grooving or cutting.
8. You can only use the tires in your database to compete with MANDATORY.
9. The driver is responsible for competing with the correct tires MANDATORY.
10. Buy 4 tires to start the season with before the 1st or 2nd race only. 2 per race there after
11. If you compete on other than your tires, your result will be total DQ, loss of money, points and or fines and or suspensions.
12. The driver is responsible & must purchase the tires ONLY.
1. Steel Wheels, 8” wide ONLY.
2. Offsets may vary. ALLOWED.
3. 5/8” wheel studs MANDATORY.
4. Wheel Spacer: 1 per wheel up to ½” steel ALLOWED.
5. NO air bleeders.
1. NO MODIFICATIONS EXCEPT WHAT IS LISTED.
2. NO Frame shortening or alterations in any way.
3. Lower A Arms: OEM stock to frame. NO modifications.
4. Upper A Arms: OEM stock to frame. Modifications ALLOWED.
5. Upper A Arms: After Market Tubular A Arms with stock configuration & OEM mounting & OEM ball joints ALLOWED.
6. Bushings: After market OEM Spec. ALLOWED.
7. Camber: ANY ALLOWED.
8. Spindles, Rotors, Calipers: Any HD in your car line (GM TO GM, Ford to Ford, Truck, Wagon, etc.
9. 4 - Wheel Disc Brakes ALLOWED.
10. Idler Arms, Center Links, Tie Rods, Ball Joints, Steering Box, All Steel & OEM to Frame ONLY.
11. Steel Engine & Transmission mounts ALLOWED.
12. Pedals: After Market ALLOWED.
13. Sway Bars: 1 ¼ “ Max. Diameter. Adjustable on one end ONLY. NO splined.
14. Master Cylinder: After Market ALLOWED. Not inside driver area.
15. Brake Adjuster ALLOWED. Must be out of drivers reach.
16. Adjuster Cups ALLOWED.
17. NO Weight Jacks (Screw Jacks).
18. ALL Springs Front & Rear: OEM Specs. After Market pre-rated ALLOWED.
19. ALL Springs must fit in the OEM positions. MANDATORY.
20. Spring coil binders, shackles, Lowering blocks ALLOWED.
21. Shocks: Any OEM & After Market OEM type & mounting, ONLY
22. Shocks: NO Race, NO Rebuild, NO Adjustable.
23. Spring Rubbers ALLOWED. Must be zip tied.
24. NO Bump Stops.
25. NO Drop Spindles.
26. NO heims.
1. Interchanging rear ends is ALLOWED.
2. Stock OEM hook ups to your make, model, year if you interchange. ALLOWED
3. Trailing Arms must be stock configuration for make, model, year. MANDATORY
4. OEM internal ring, pinion, spiders, NO RACE TYPE.
5. Axels: After Market ALLOWED.
6. Welded, Spooled, OEM Limited Slip ALLOWED.
7. NO Gleason, Detroit Locker, Gear Drive, Floater, Quick Change.
8. NO camber + (plus) or – (minus).
1. Cast Iron OEM manifolds ALLOWED.
2. After Market Headers ALLOWED.
3. 4 into 1 street type ONLY.
4. NO step, crossover, 180 degree, coated, zoomies, fenderwell types.
5. Single, 2 into 1, H pipes. Exit behind the driver ALLOWED.
6. NO pipes inside driver area. NO swedge or merge.
1. Starter: Stock OEM in working order for your engine ONLY.
2. Battery: Stock OEM12 volt or Deep Cycle ONLY.
3. NO big truck or tractor type.
4. Location: Under the hood or behind the driver in a sealed box securely. MANDATORY
5. Battery in the trunk. ALLOWED.
6. NO MSD Boxes.
7. Any Stock Distributor & Stock HEI ALLOWED.
8. NO modifications.
9. Single point ALLOWED
10. NO Dual Point.
11. NO Traction Control.
12. NO After Market HP or Race type Distributors, coils, modules, boosters. or internals.
13. Any after Market plug wires ALLOWED.
14. Any spark plug ALLOWED.
WEIGHTS & HEIGHTS:
1. GM 305, Ford 302, Mopar 318: 3000 lbs. Min. wt. 55% left side wt. max.
2. GM 350, Crate CT350, Ford 351W, Mopar 340, 360: 3150 lbs. Min. wt. 55% left side wt. max.
3. Roller Rockers add 25 lbs and GM 350: Vortec Heads add 25 lbs to total car weight.
4. All weights, % and heights are measured with driver in race trim.
5. After the Feature Race, you may add up to 5 gallons / 35 lbs. of SUNOCO Race Fuel at the scale before it’s your turn to weigh. You must show CPR TECH the weight of the fuel on the scale before you add it to the car. ALLOWED
6. Ride Height: 4” minimum frame, rockers & nose.
7. Crankshaft bolt to ground: 10” minimum.
8. Fuel Cell to ground: 8” minimum.
9. Oil Pan to ground: 4” minimum.
10. Maximum tread width: 66” front & rear, Measured from center of the tires at the spindle & axle heights.
11. NO more than ½ “ difference.
12. NO dislodged parts can be added back to the car after the Feature Race to make weight.
1. Helmet: SA2005 or SA2010 ( http://racinghelmetguide.com/auto-helmet-ratings.html)
2. Flame retardant driving suit, gloves with SFI Tag.
3. Neck collar or head and neck restraint device/system (R3/HANS/Hutchens).
4. 5 - Point Racing harness, with SFI tag. Not older than 24 months.
5. Approved Race seat. The seat can’t go past the door jam more than 6” MANDATORY.
6. Approved window net.
7. Minimum of a 6 point roll cage. Constructed of 1 ¾” x .083 tubular steel.
8. Minimum of 4 driver side door bars.
9. Minimum of 3 passenger side bars.
10. 1/8” plate welded on the outside of drivers door bars so nothing gets to the driver MANDATORY.
11. Bars may go through front & rear firewalls.
12. NO bars past the front frame horns.
13. All bars to stay inside the trunk. MANDATORY
14. All bars within reach of driver must be padded. MANDATORY
15. Bars around the fuel cell MANDATORY.
16. (1) 2 1/2 lb fire extinguisher with a dial, within reach of driver. Not older than 1 year.
17. Minimum 8 Gal. & 22 Gal. max Fuel Cell. Mounted in trunk area between the frame rails.
18. Fuel cell must be in a steel can secured, min. 22 gauge MANDATORY.
19. Radios ALLOWED.
20. Transponders MANDATORY.
21. All safety must be approved.