2015 General Rules
As of 1 March 2015
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY RACE DIRECTOR and TECH
shall be empowered to permit any and all deviation from any of the
specifications herein or impose any further restrictions to keep the
competition close. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to
the discretion of the COASTAL PLAINS RACEWAY RACE DIRECTOR and TECH
officials, their decision is final.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SAFTEY IS FIRST & FOREMOST AT CPR
PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR CHILDREN & SPECTATORS
WE WANT TO KEEP THIS A “FAMILY SPORT”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GENERAL & CONDUCT RULES:
ALL DECISIONS BY CPR OFFICIALS ARE FINAL !
1. Drivers that compete in more than one class must pay for each class at sign in, MANDATORY
2. Drivers that don’t will not compete, MANDATORY
3. ONLY the driver earns points & money in the classes they choose, MANDATORY
4. Drivers must have proper paperwork filled out for each class they are in, MANDATORY
5. Waste oil containers are located at the TECH BUILDING, please use it. We don’t want the EPA on you!
6. NO tires to be left behind, please take all of your used tires with you.
7. NO ROUGH DRIVING. If you get black flagged for rough driving, you will be sent to the pits and parked. No points, no money, no refunds for that race. 1st Offense.
8. Close competitive side by side racing is what the fans, racers & CPR want!
9. Drivers assume all the responsibility for all of your crew & persons in your pit area.
10. If a problem or issue comes up, CPR OFFICIALS & or Onslow Co. Sherriff’s will come pay you a visit.
11. Driver is the SOLE SPOKESPERSON for their team.
12. In the pit area anyone with evidence of alcohol use during the racing events will be escorted out of the pit area by Onslow Co. Sheriff Dept.
13. Fighting or Disorderly conduct will be dealt with by CPR officials & the Onslow co. Sheriffs.
16. Anyone entering or in the pit area carrying anything that can be used as a weapon will be escorted off the CPR property by The Onslow co. Sheriffs.
17. ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE PIT AREA MUST SIGN THE WAIVER AND RECEIVE A WRISTBAND FROM THE BACK GATE.
ALL DECISIONS BY CPR OFFICIALS ARE FINAL
1. SEAT BELT MUST BE NO OLDER THAN 5 YEARS!
2. Helmet: Helmet: SA2005 or SA2010 ( http://racinghelmetguide.com/auto-helmet-ratings.html)
3. Flame retardant driving suit, gloves with SFI tag.
4. Neck Collar or head & neck restraint device / system (R3/HANS/HUTCHENS)
5. 5- point racing harness with SFI tag. Not older than 60 months. (5 years from date punched on tag)
6. Aluminum racing seats only.
7. Approved window net required.
8. Racing shoes recommended.
9. 1ea 2- 1/2 lb fire extinguisher with a dial, must be located within reach of driver.
10 Master kill switch must be mounted within easy access of driver and also safety crew member from outside of car.
11. A driver shall not permit any person to ride in or on any racecar at any time.
12. If your car does not pass pre-race safety tech, you cannot practice or race until it is corrected.
13. Radios allowed.
14. Transponders mandatory. Must be mounted near or on rear axle.
ALL DECISIONS BY CPR OFFICIALS ARE FINAL
1. PRE RACE TECH before qualifying MANDATORY, unless stated that race day.
2. POST RACE TECH after the Feature MANDATORY,
3. Top 5 right to the TECH building after Winners Circle presentation plus one alternate, MANDATORY.
4. The driver that starts any race is the driver who receives the points & money, MANDATORY.
5. Once the field has completed a scored lap in a Heat Race or Feature Event race on race day, no driver can change cars, MANDATORY.
6. BE AWARE OF: THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, PA SYSTEM & PIT STEWARD.
7. Drivers that are late or fail to make the line up on pit road, you may be put to the rear of the field to start that race. BE ALERT!
8. Drivers are to be lined up ready by no later than 10 laps to go on the previous race, MANDATORY.
9. No one is allowed on the race track after the race has started.
10. CPR will be using a STARTER BOX, coming off turn four.
11. At the start of a trophy dash, heat race or feature race the flagman will start the race in the starter box.
12. The pole and outside pole must maintain a steady pace speed before the flagman waves the green flag in the starter box.
13. No accordion or up & down on the throttle before the starter box.
14. ALL DRIVERS TO HOLD YOUR LANE/LINE.
15. The first time someone jumps the start of the race, all will restart the race.
16. The second time someone jumps the start, that person will go to the rear, and restart the race.
17. The third time it happens, single file for all will take place.
18. Any racer causing a caution and those involved that lose forward motion will go to the rear of the field after a completed scored lap.
19. Any racer spinning out 3 (three) times alone will be Black Flagged.
20. NO RACING TO THE YELLOW FLAG! MANDATORY
“Caution Laps don’t count”
21. The race will resume by the previous lap scored.
22. Slow down & pick up the pace car in single file in your position.
23. Lead car picks up the Pace Car. Restart line-ups will be in turn 3.
24. Racers not involved must still cross the starting line to be scored for that lap.
25. If you go into the pits during a caution, you will start at the rear.
26. RESTARTS: Double File.
27. The race leader starts all restarts, within the starter box.
28. The driver on pole position & the driver on the outside will hold position before & thru the starter box until the flagman drops the flag.
29. NO Slingshots.
30. Drivers changing lanes/line on a restart will go to the rear of the field. MANDATORY
31. Black Flag: due to mechanical problems. Make sure it’s fixed before you come back on the track.
32. CPR may place a limit on laps on all divisions depending on the time constraints.
33. Any driver losing forward momentum will go to the rear.
34. Slower cars to the inside lane if showed the blue w/yellow stripe move over flag.
35. ROOKIES: First year racers must have a YELLOW STRIPE on the rear bumper.
36. ROOKIES: At CPR OFFICIALS DISCRETION, rookies could start at the rear of the field until experience level increases.
37. GREEN – WHITE – CHECKER @ CPR.
38. If a caution comes out at anytime with two laps remaining, the race goes to a G-W-C.
39. Up to 3 attempts will be given.
40. The green flag drops showing the restart of the G-W-C.
41. As the leader completes the first lap the white flag is shown, signaling the final lap.
42. As the leader completes the second lap, the checkered flag is shown, showing race end.
43. If the caution flag comes out during the first of the two laps, the field is frozen as it would be during a regular race caution. Then there would be a second GWC attempt.
44. If the caution flag after the white flag is shown during the first two attempts or during the third attempt at anytime, the race is over.
45. The field is frozen at the moment of the yellow flag and the scoring & race is official & over.
CPR TECH MAY INSPECT ANY CAR AT ANYTIME
- CPR reserves the right to inspect the car filing the protest for the same infractions.
- CPR and CPR Tech reserve the right to refuse any protest.
1. ONLY the DRIVER & CAR OWNER may protest.
2. The protest can ONLY be lodged against the car that finished in the spot in front of the protesting driver on the lead lap at the end of the Feature Event.
3. The driver that was protested may Back Protest that driver after being notified.
4. The official time to protest is10 minutes after the checkered flag falls.
5. Driver or Owner is to notify CPR TECH in writing with cash to what is to be protested prior to time period expiring.
6. Once the time period has expired all requests will be denied.
7. ONLY 3 crew members of the car being protested and 1 person from protester is allowed in the TECH building during such time.
8. NO ONE from the protesters car may inspect or measure or touch the protested parts.
9. CPR TECH will confiscate any & all illegal parts.
10. During a protest inspection any item found to be illegal the inspection will stop at that time and said car will be called illegal.
11. PROTESTER: If you win the protest, you get all your protest money back.
12. PROTESTER: If you lose the protest, you get no money back.
13. PROTESTED: If you lose the protest , NO REFUNDS. 1st Offense - No money, Show points awarded only (20), 2nd Offense – No money, No Points and DQ from event.
14. PROTESTED: If you win the protest, you get the protest money.
15. Driver & Car determined illegal 1st Offense - No money, Show points awarded only (20), 2nd Offense – No money, No Points and DQ from event.
16. Drivers that refuse a protest or CPR TECH inspection, driver & car will be DQ, no money, no points & suspended one race.1st Offense.
17. CPR PROTEST FEE’S: ** Any VISUAL protest must be in writing and given to the CPR Head Tech Official along with $200.00. If car in question is found legal CPR will keep protest money. If car is found ILLEGAL, $150.00 will be returned to protestor. **
A. TOP END – (HEADS, INTAKE, CARB, DISTRIBUTOR, CAM “CAM DOCTOR” WILL BE USED)
Limited Late Model - $400.00
Street Stock - $300.00
Mini Stock, Pure Stock - $250.00
B. TOP & BOTTOM END – (BLOCK, PISTONS, RODS, CRANSHAFT, BORE AND STROKE, DECK, ETC.)
Limited Late Model - $900.00
Street Stock - $600.00
Mini Stock, Pure Stock - $450.00
C. FUEL - $100.00
D. Clutch, Rear End, Trans., Shocks, etc. - $300.00 each per.
E. Crate Engines - $600.00
18. If research needs to be done on a part, the inspection may be moved to the next business day or two if needed. This will be determined by the CPR Tech Official’s.
19. All suspect parts shall remain in the possession of Coastal Plains Raceway until parts are proved to be legal.
20. Failure to leave suspect part/parts will be considered an admission of illegality.
21. All parts deemed illegal must be turned over to Coastal Plains Raceway Tech Officials before the offending car and / or driver will be allowed to race again.
22. Failure to turn over illegal parts will be treated the same as if the tear down was refused.
23. Crate Engine Protest:
When a crate engine is protested, the entire engine must be removed from the car within 2 hours after being officially protested. The engine will be taken to a shop by Coastal Plains Raceway Tech Officials and inspected. The results will be given to the car owner and the person that protested the engine as soon as possible. If the engine is legal and the owner would like his engine put back together race ready the protest money $600 will be payment in full for the inspection and assembly of the engine less any new parts or $200 of protest fee will be deducted from the $600 and you can assemble your own engine. Some of the items that will be inspected are the carburetor, intake, camshaft, cam lift, cylinder heads, valves and springs, shims, bore and stroke, crankshaft, pistons, engine block, piston to deck specs, gaskets, etc. All engine parts & specifications will be checked.
All engine parts must be parts provided by GM, Ford and Mopar for a crate engine.
NO AFTER MARKET PARTS.
STUDY ALL THE RULES SET FORTH BY CPR.
Your interpretation of any rule is not necessarily the intent of the rule as written. Do not assume or take the position that you may bend the rules to fit your own desires & needs. If a rule is not clear to you please call CPR for clarification, before you buy a part or do any building before race day. Ignorance or I thought it was okay will not be any excuse of any rule violation.
Be Safe & Have FUN!!!